Third phase of repatriation of Bru refugees to begin from Mar 8th
Aizawl: The third phase of repatriation of
Bru refugees from the six relief camps in North Tripura was
scheduled to begin from March eight, Mizoram-Tripura border
Mamit district officials said on Thursday.
The officials said that around 450 Bru families, already
identified by the officials as bona fide residents of Mizoram,
would be repatriated this time.
Arrangements have been made for the return of 450 Bru
families and they would be resettled in Mamit district`s
Sihthiang, Tumpanglui, Tuipuibari, Khanthuam, Damparengpui and
Damdiai villages, the officials said.
Meanwhile, sources in the state home department said
that Rs 9.97 crore, sanctioned by the Union Home Ministry for
the repatriation expenses, was yet to be credited in the
Mizoram government account.
"The finance department, however, was making
arrangements to provide the fund with expectations that Rs 9.
97 crore would soon be credited in the Mizoram
government account," the sources added.
A tribe from Mizoram, the Brus fled the state in the wake of inter-community violence more than 13 years ago. Some 35,000 of them are now stranded in camps in North Tripura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees