Third phase of repatriation of Bru refugees to begin from Mar 8th
Aizawl: The third phase of repatriation of
Bru refugees from the six relief camps in North Tripura was
scheduled to begin from March eight, Mizoram-Tripura border
Mamit district officials said on Thursday.
The officials said that around 450 Bru families, already
identified by the officials as bona fide residents of Mizoram,
would be repatriated this time.
Arrangements have been made for the return of 450 Bru
families and they would be resettled in Mamit district`s
Sihthiang, Tumpanglui, Tuipuibari, Khanthuam, Damparengpui and
Damdiai villages, the officials said.
Meanwhile, sources in the state home department said
that Rs 9.97 crore, sanctioned by the Union Home Ministry for
the repatriation expenses, was yet to be credited in the
Mizoram government account.
"The finance department, however, was making
arrangements to provide the fund with expectations that Rs 9.
97 crore would soon be credited in the Mizoram
government account," the sources added.
A tribe from Mizoram, the Brus fled the state in the wake of inter-community violence more than 13 years ago. Some 35,000 of them are now stranded in camps in North Tripura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued