Three killed in NSCN factional fight
Kohima: Three persons were killed and as many, including two passers-by, suffered bullet wounds in a suspected factional clash between two rival groups of NSCN in the heart of Dimapur town, police said today.
The incident occurred when some suspected GPRN/NSCN gunmen stopped an auto rickshaw carrying four persons near the SP office and tried to drag them out yesterday.
As some occupants of the three-wheeler fired a few rounds, the attackers responded with firings killing a Karbi youth on the spot. Two others were shot dead after the assailants chased them as they were running towards the Dimapur civil hospital.
The fourth occupant, who was suspected to be a NSCN(K) member, also received bullet injuries, police said.
In the shooting incident on the busy road, two passers-by, who were standing in front of a taxi counter, were also hit by stray bullets, but they are out of danger, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?