Tripura CPI (M) demands revoking rail fare hike
Agartala: Terming the rail budget as "an
economic attack on common people", the ruling CPI-M in Tripura Thursday demanded revoking the fare hikes.
"It is an economic attack on people of the country. Hike in rail fare would lead hike in essential commodities. Fair hike should immediately be revoked," a statement issued by the party here said.
Amal Chakraborty, secretary of the Tripura unit of
DYFI, alleged there was no proposal for filling up the vacant
posts in the Railways and also there was no proposal for creation of new posts for those unemployed.
"It is an anti-people, anti-youth rail budget,"
However, the leader of the opposition, Ratan Lal Nath
said, "it is a brave budget. This type budget was needed to
rejuvenate the railways".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened