Tripura State Museum to be inaugurated tomorrow
Agartala: The Tripura State Museum, housed in the Ujjayanta Palace of the erstwhile Manikya dynasty, will be inaugurated by Vice-President Hamid Ansari here Wednesday.
The Vice-President will arrive tomorrow for the purpose and leave for New Delhi after the inauguration ceremony, official sources said.
The `Ujjayanta Palace` was built by erstwhile king Radhakishore Manikya Bahadur during 1899-1901 at a cost of Rs ten lakh, the sources said.
Poet Rabindranath Tagore, who visited Tripura seven times as royal guest had named the palace as Ujjayanta, the current head of Tripura royal family, Pradyot Kishore Manikya Bahadur said.
Ujjayanta Palace served as the Tripura state legislative assembly till 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- WWE Monday Night Raw results (July 25, 2016): Finn Balor earns shot at WWE Universal Title
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!