Tripura State Museum to be inaugurated tomorrow
Agartala: The Tripura State Museum, housed in the Ujjayanta Palace of the erstwhile Manikya dynasty, will be inaugurated by Vice-President Hamid Ansari here Wednesday.
The Vice-President will arrive tomorrow for the purpose and leave for New Delhi after the inauguration ceremony, official sources said.
The `Ujjayanta Palace` was built by erstwhile king Radhakishore Manikya Bahadur during 1899-1901 at a cost of Rs ten lakh, the sources said.
Poet Rabindranath Tagore, who visited Tripura seven times as royal guest had named the palace as Ujjayanta, the current head of Tripura royal family, Pradyot Kishore Manikya Bahadur said.
Ujjayanta Palace served as the Tripura state legislative assembly till 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands