Tripura State Museum to be inaugurated tomorrow
Agartala: The Tripura State Museum, housed in the Ujjayanta Palace of the erstwhile Manikya dynasty, will be inaugurated by Vice-President Hamid Ansari here Wednesday.
The Vice-President will arrive tomorrow for the purpose and leave for New Delhi after the inauguration ceremony, official sources said.
The `Ujjayanta Palace` was built by erstwhile king Radhakishore Manikya Bahadur during 1899-1901 at a cost of Rs ten lakh, the sources said.
Poet Rabindranath Tagore, who visited Tripura seven times as royal guest had named the palace as Ujjayanta, the current head of Tripura royal family, Pradyot Kishore Manikya Bahadur said.
Ujjayanta Palace served as the Tripura state legislative assembly till 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday