Two NDFB militants killed in encounter
Tezpur: Two hardcore NDFB (anti-talk faction) militants were today killed in an
encounter with security forces in Assam`s Sonitpur district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of police and army personnel launched a search operation in Dipanjali forest area
near Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border and a fierce encounter
followed in which the two militants were killed, Sonitpur
Superintendent of Police Anand Prakash Tiwari said.
The security forces have also recovered two AK-56
rifles and some ammunition from the militants who have been
identified as the outfit`s `Platoon Commander` Duphang and his
Combing operations were still continuing in the area,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it