Two tribals kidnapped in Tripura
Agartala: Insurgents of banned National Liberation Front of Tripura have allegedly kidnapped two tribal youths from a remote hamlet near the Indo-Bangla border in Gomati district, the police said on Monday.
A group of about eight insurgents armed with sophisticated weapons raided Joychandrapara village last midnight and kidnapped the two youths identified as Jhurham Reang (25) and Udayram Reang (22) from their huts and demanded ransom for their release, IG Police Control Nepal Das said.
"The ultras told the members of the kidnapped persons family that taxes for last four years were pending and the youths would be released after repayment of the so called taxes to the ultras," Das told PTI.
He said the village was located near the border and a large patch of the area remained unfenced due to tough terrain and logistic problems and it was presumed that the ultras have sneaked into Chittagong Hill Tract (CHT) of the neighbouring country with the kidnapped persons.
Das said though the kidnap occurred on Saturday night, the villagers informed the police and nearby BSF camp on Sunday and immediately after receipt of the information, the police and BSF launched a massive combing operation in the area.
- Rajdeep Sardesai's exit from Twitter: REVEALED - Actual reason behind the journalist's walkout!
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan