Vendor of NE Express stabbed by Assam Rifles man
Kaithar: An Assam Rifles man allegedly stabbed a vendor in the pantry car when he was stopped from consuming alcohol on the New-Delhi bound North-East Express, police said Tuesday.
Kepat Lunga entered the pantry car late last night and started consuming alcohol which was opposed by the vendor Sanjay Singh, SHO of Katihar Government Railway Police (GRP) Suresh Prasad said.
Angered at being stopped, the Assam Rifle man stabbed the vendor, he said.
The jawan has been taken into custody. The vendor was admitted to Katihar Railway Hospital, where his condition was stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured