VVPAT to be used in 10 Assembly constituencies in Aizawl
Aizawl: Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath on Wednesday said electronic voting machine with Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) would be used in 10 out of 11 constituencies within the limits of Aizawl city during the Mizoram Assembly elections scheduled for November 25.
Sampath said the VVPAT system would be introduced in all polling stations of ten Assembly seats within Aizawl city.
"The VVPAT system was not manufactured due to doubts on the EVM, but was part of the upgradation of the system," he said.
The EVMs have been tested by different people including those who claimed they could be tampered and manipulated with, he said, adding all tests have proved their reliability.
The VVPAT system was first experimented in the Noksen Assembly bypoll recently in Nagaland and Mizoram would be the first state where it would be introduced in a large scale, EC officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi