17 people convicted in Kandhamal riot case
Phulbani: A local court in Odisha`s
Kandhamal district has sentenced 17 people to three-years
rigorous imprisonment and penalty of Rs 5,000 each after
convicting them of house burning, rioting and unlawful
assembly with deadly weapons during the 2008 communal riot.
B N Mishra, Additional Sessions Judge, first track
court-II pronounced the judgement yesterday.
According to prosecution these people were
involved in the Kandhmal riot in August 2008 at Hatapada of
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'