17 people convicted in Kandhamal riot case
Phulbani: A local court in Odisha`s
Kandhamal district has sentenced 17 people to three-years
rigorous imprisonment and penalty of Rs 5,000 each after
convicting them of house burning, rioting and unlawful
assembly with deadly weapons during the 2008 communal riot.
B N Mishra, Additional Sessions Judge, first track
court-II pronounced the judgement yesterday.
According to prosecution these people were
involved in the Kandhmal riot in August 2008 at Hatapada of
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why