17 people convicted in Kandhamal riot case
Phulbani: A local court in Odisha`s
Kandhamal district has sentenced 17 people to three-years
rigorous imprisonment and penalty of Rs 5,000 each after
convicting them of house burning, rioting and unlawful
assembly with deadly weapons during the 2008 communal riot.
B N Mishra, Additional Sessions Judge, first track
court-II pronounced the judgement yesterday.
According to prosecution these people were
involved in the Kandhmal riot in August 2008 at Hatapada of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister