60 special trains to Puri for rath yatra
Bhubaneswar: In an attempt to meet the rush of passengers during the Rath Yatra Festival at Puri, East Coast Railway has decided to run 60 special trains from different parts of Odisha and Andhra Pradesh.
These exclude the existing trains coming to the pilgrim town, railway sources said.
Special trains will also run to and from Puri to clear extra rush on the occasion of `Sandhya Darshan` (special evening offering), `Bahuda Yatra` (return car festival) and `Sunabesa` (golden attire of the Lord). Apart from this, eight trains will be rescheduled, they said.
Special trains to the pilgrim town will depart from Visakhapatanam, Palasa, Cuttack, Keonjhar, Paradip, Bhadrak, Berhampur, Sambalpur and Gunupur, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'