60 special trains to Puri for rath yatra
Bhubaneswar: In an attempt to meet the rush of passengers during the Rath Yatra Festival at Puri, East Coast Railway has decided to run 60 special trains from different parts of Odisha and Andhra Pradesh.
These exclude the existing trains coming to the pilgrim town, railway sources said.
Special trains will also run to and from Puri to clear extra rush on the occasion of `Sandhya Darshan` (special evening offering), `Bahuda Yatra` (return car festival) and `Sunabesa` (golden attire of the Lord). Apart from this, eight trains will be rescheduled, they said.
Special trains to the pilgrim town will depart from Visakhapatanam, Palasa, Cuttack, Keonjhar, Paradip, Bhadrak, Berhampur, Sambalpur and Gunupur, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...