60 special trains to Puri for rath yatra
Bhubaneswar: In an attempt to meet the rush of passengers during the Rath Yatra Festival at Puri, East Coast Railway has decided to run 60 special trains from different parts of Odisha and Andhra Pradesh.
These exclude the existing trains coming to the pilgrim town, railway sources said.
Special trains will also run to and from Puri to clear extra rush on the occasion of `Sandhya Darshan` (special evening offering), `Bahuda Yatra` (return car festival) and `Sunabesa` (golden attire of the Lord). Apart from this, eight trains will be rescheduled, they said.
Special trains to the pilgrim town will depart from Visakhapatanam, Palasa, Cuttack, Keonjhar, Paradip, Bhadrak, Berhampur, Sambalpur and Gunupur, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands