Arms manufacturing unit busted in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): Security personnel comprising the BSF and Odisha police today busted an arms manufacturing unit of the Maoists in a dense forest of Narayanpatna in Odisha`s Koraput district.
The Red rebels had set up the arms manufacturing unit in the dense forests of Hurlikota near Naktipadar village, which lies at a distance of about 100 km from here, BSF sources said.
We had intelligence inputs regarding the presence of the arms manufacturing unit of the Maoists in Hurlikota forests and an operation was launched. A team of BSF personnel from our Podapadar camp spotted the manufacturing unit,? deputy commandant (BSF) Satya Ranjan Panda said.
While coming across the crime spot, securitymen seized a lathe machine, one drilling machine, one mixer, an iron wielding machine, battery testing metre, steel containers, two empty case of claymore mines, four gun barrels, two pairs of Naxal uniform, Maoist literature and 50 types of spare parts used in gun among other Maoist belongings, he said.
During investigation it was found that the Naxals arms manufacturing unit was operating for the past few months. Apart from manufacturing arms, the Maoists also used to
repair their various types of arms and weapons, SP (Koraput) Awinash Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’