Arms manufacturing unit busted in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): Security personnel comprising the BSF and Odisha police today busted an arms manufacturing unit of the Maoists in a dense forest of Narayanpatna in Odisha`s Koraput district.
The Red rebels had set up the arms manufacturing unit in the dense forests of Hurlikota near Naktipadar village, which lies at a distance of about 100 km from here, BSF sources said.
We had intelligence inputs regarding the presence of the arms manufacturing unit of the Maoists in Hurlikota forests and an operation was launched. A team of BSF personnel from our Podapadar camp spotted the manufacturing unit,? deputy commandant (BSF) Satya Ranjan Panda said.
While coming across the crime spot, securitymen seized a lathe machine, one drilling machine, one mixer, an iron wielding machine, battery testing metre, steel containers, two empty case of claymore mines, four gun barrels, two pairs of Naxal uniform, Maoist literature and 50 types of spare parts used in gun among other Maoist belongings, he said.
During investigation it was found that the Naxals arms manufacturing unit was operating for the past few months. Apart from manufacturing arms, the Maoists also used to
repair their various types of arms and weapons, SP (Koraput) Awinash Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'