Arms manufacturing unit busted in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): Security personnel comprising the BSF and Odisha police today busted an arms manufacturing unit of the Maoists in a dense forest of Narayanpatna in Odisha`s Koraput district.
The Red rebels had set up the arms manufacturing unit in the dense forests of Hurlikota near Naktipadar village, which lies at a distance of about 100 km from here, BSF sources said.
We had intelligence inputs regarding the presence of the arms manufacturing unit of the Maoists in Hurlikota forests and an operation was launched. A team of BSF personnel from our Podapadar camp spotted the manufacturing unit,? deputy commandant (BSF) Satya Ranjan Panda said.
While coming across the crime spot, securitymen seized a lathe machine, one drilling machine, one mixer, an iron wielding machine, battery testing metre, steel containers, two empty case of claymore mines, four gun barrels, two pairs of Naxal uniform, Maoist literature and 50 types of spare parts used in gun among other Maoist belongings, he said.
During investigation it was found that the Naxals arms manufacturing unit was operating for the past few months. Apart from manufacturing arms, the Maoists also used to
repair their various types of arms and weapons, SP (Koraput) Awinash Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab