Bandh observed in Mayurbhanj demanding medical college
Baripada (Odisha): Normal life was affected in Mayurbhanj district due to a 24-hour bandh demanding establishment of a government medical college hospital in the district.
The bandh supporters held demonstration all over the district including district headquarer town Baripada and three sub-divisional headquarters at Udala, Karanjia and Rairangpur.
Vehicular traffic remained off the road while shops and business establishments downed their shutters all over the districts. Government offices, courts, banks, post offices, office of insurances companies and education instutions remained closed.
The bandh call was given by JMM and BJP besides the district bar association after the recent announcement of the central government to set up thre medical college hospitals at Balasore, Bolangir and Koraput. Baripada, the district headquarters of Mayurbhanj, was denied the approval for a medical college though it fulfilled all criteria.
The state government had submitted proposals for setting up four medical college hospitals including one at Baripada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians