BJP rules out poll pact with BJD
Bhubaneswar: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Monday said it will not have any electoral alliance with Orissa`s ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) for the next assembly or Lok Sabha elections.
"There is no possibility at all of any alliance with the BJD," BJP state unit president Jual Oram said.
"Our party has been aggressively fighting against corruption in the state as well as in the centre. There is no question of possible alliance with a corrupt political group led by a corrupt man like (Chief Minister) Naveen Patnaik," he added.
Oram`s statement comes days after party leader L.K. Advani said he did not rule out an alliance with the BJD in the 2014 general elections, even though the two had ended their partnership in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!