BJP rules out poll pact with BJD
Bhubaneswar: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Monday said it will not have any electoral alliance with Orissa`s ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) for the next assembly or Lok Sabha elections.
"There is no possibility at all of any alliance with the BJD," BJP state unit president Jual Oram said.
"Our party has been aggressively fighting against corruption in the state as well as in the centre. There is no question of possible alliance with a corrupt political group led by a corrupt man like (Chief Minister) Naveen Patnaik," he added.
Oram`s statement comes days after party leader L.K. Advani said he did not rule out an alliance with the BJD in the 2014 general elections, even though the two had ended their partnership in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest