Bomb blast victim`s kin to get Rs 4L as ex-gratia
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Monday said that the family of the policeman, who died while defusing a bomb at Brahmagiri yesterday, would get an ex-gratia of Rs 4 lakh besides a government job.
"The family of Ranjan Kumar Sarangi, who died during disposal of bombs, get the compensation amount and a government job," Chief Secretary B K Patnaik told reporters here.
"This was an accident and the family members would be given assistance as per the rule," he said.
Meanwhile, body Sarangi was consigned to flames at Swargadwar in Puri.
The 45-year-old havildar, belonging to Puri district bomb disposal squad, died when one of the explosives went off.
Earlier police had seized 53 crude bombs and 12 detonators from an abandoned hut in Gambhari village under Brahmagiri police station area at the bank of Chilika Lake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016
- Air ambulance with seven people crash lands in Delhi's Najafgarh
- Nehru, Gandhi family responsible for rising rapes in India, says Rajasthan BJP MLA Gyandev Ahuja
- Shocking video: Old woman mercilessly beaten up by her daughter in Delhi
- Chris Gayle: Melbourne Renegades refuse to renew his contract for BBL 6