Bomb blast victim`s kin to get Rs 4L as ex-gratia
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Monday said that the family of the policeman, who died while defusing a bomb at Brahmagiri yesterday, would get an ex-gratia of Rs 4 lakh besides a government job.
"The family of Ranjan Kumar Sarangi, who died during disposal of bombs, get the compensation amount and a government job," Chief Secretary B K Patnaik told reporters here.
"This was an accident and the family members would be given assistance as per the rule," he said.
Meanwhile, body Sarangi was consigned to flames at Swargadwar in Puri.
The 45-year-old havildar, belonging to Puri district bomb disposal squad, died when one of the explosives went off.
Earlier police had seized 53 crude bombs and 12 detonators from an abandoned hut in Gambhari village under Brahmagiri police station area at the bank of Chilika Lake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch