Bomb blast victim`s kin to get Rs 4L as ex-gratia
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Monday said that the family of the policeman, who died while defusing a bomb at Brahmagiri yesterday, would get an ex-gratia of Rs 4 lakh besides a government job.
"The family of Ranjan Kumar Sarangi, who died during disposal of bombs, get the compensation amount and a government job," Chief Secretary B K Patnaik told reporters here.
"This was an accident and the family members would be given assistance as per the rule," he said.
Meanwhile, body Sarangi was consigned to flames at Swargadwar in Puri.
The 45-year-old havildar, belonging to Puri district bomb disposal squad, died when one of the explosives went off.
Earlier police had seized 53 crude bombs and 12 detonators from an abandoned hut in Gambhari village under Brahmagiri police station area at the bank of Chilika Lake.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India