Bomb blast victim`s kin to get Rs 4L as ex-gratia
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government on Monday said that the family of the policeman, who died while defusing a bomb at Brahmagiri yesterday, would get an ex-gratia of Rs 4 lakh besides a government job.
"The family of Ranjan Kumar Sarangi, who died during disposal of bombs, get the compensation amount and a government job," Chief Secretary B K Patnaik told reporters here.
"This was an accident and the family members would be given assistance as per the rule," he said.
Meanwhile, body Sarangi was consigned to flames at Swargadwar in Puri.
The 45-year-old havildar, belonging to Puri district bomb disposal squad, died when one of the explosives went off.
Earlier police had seized 53 crude bombs and 12 detonators from an abandoned hut in Gambhari village under Brahmagiri police station area at the bank of Chilika Lake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy