Case registered against BJD leader
Rourkela: A case was registered by police against senior BJD leader and former Odisha minister Sarada Nayak and his supporters in connection with an alleged assault on a man here on Thursday, police said.
One Rajkishore Swain, once a supporter of Nayak, allegedly in an inebriated state misbehaved with the former minister and hurled verbal abuse at him, they said.
Objecting to Swain`s behaviour, Nayak`s supporters allegedly assaulted him, Inspector In-Charge of Plantsite police station, Arun Swain said.
On the basis of a complaint lodged by Swain alleging that he was assaulted in the presence of Nayak, police registered a case, the IIC said adding further investigation was in progress.
The incident was significant as Nayak was considered to be a loyalist of suspended BJD leader Pyari Mohan Mohapatra. Nayak had been sacked from Naveen Patnaik ministry in the aftermath of a failed coup bid against the BJD government in May this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?