Chit-fund panel receives record number of affidavits
Cuttack: The Justice RK Patra Commission, probing fraudulent activities of chit-fund in Odisha, has received nearly seven lakh affidavits as the deadline for receiving them came to an end.
The Commission had extended its deadline twice till its end yesterday as a number of affected people expressed their eagerness to file affidavits, Commission sources said.
The state government in July this year had appointed retired Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court Justice RK Patra to head the one-man panel to identify individuals and entities indulged in unauthorised collection of public deposits in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind