Chit-fund panel receives record number of affidavits
Cuttack: The Justice RK Patra Commission, probing fraudulent activities of chit-fund in Odisha, has received nearly seven lakh affidavits as the deadline for receiving them came to an end.
The Commission had extended its deadline twice till its end yesterday as a number of affected people expressed their eagerness to file affidavits, Commission sources said.
The state government in July this year had appointed retired Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court Justice RK Patra to head the one-man panel to identify individuals and entities indulged in unauthorised collection of public deposits in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro to be launched today; Is Mi Notebook on the way too?
- Income Tax raid at AAP legislator's residence
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics