CM announces Rs 8 lakh ex-gratia to kin of slain personnel
Bhubaneswar: Orissa Chief Minister Naveen
Patnaik on Sunday announced an ex-gratia of Rs eight lakh and an
insurance sum of Rs ten lakh to the kin of those security
personnel killed in a landmine blast triggered by Maoists.
"I strongly condemn the cowardly act of Maoists... it is
savage and unlawful," Patnaik said in a statement.
At least ten security personnel were killed in the blast
at Tanginiguda area of Koraput district when a van carrying
jawans of elite anti-Naxalite Special Operation Group (SOG)
was returning from an operation from adjacent Malkangiri
The Chief Minister said one member of the family of each
of the victims will be provided jobs while their widows will
be entitled to get their salary till their retirement age.
A massive combing operation has been launched in the area
to nab the naxals while senior police officials including the
Dirctor General of Police (Intelligence) have rushed to the
site, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested