Congress delegation from Orissa meets PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
is understood to have assured a Congress delegation from
Orissa on Wednesday that the Centre would respond positively on any
report that judicial commission on mining may give about
reports of massive irregularities and corruption in the state.
The Supreme Court is already seized of the matter and
a judicial commission of enquiry has been instituted to probe
into all cases of illegal mining in the country, including
Orissa, said Jayadev Jena, a member of the delegation.
The delegation also comprised Nrusingha Mishra,
Kishore Patel and Chiranjiv Biswal.
Alleging that there is massive scam in distribution of
rice at two rupees a kilo to the BPL families, Jena said the
delegation demanded that the Centre`s allocation of Rs 11 for
each kg of rice under this scheme be given directly to the
The delegation also raised concerns over other scams
going on in the state under the 15 year of "misrule" of Chief
Minister Navin Patnaik.
The delegation also reiterated the party?s demand to
extend the CBI enquiry into all the 30 districts of the state
in connection with the alleged NREGS scam.
CBI is presently probing into NREGS works in six
districts of the state.
Jena said the delegation also urged the Prime Minister
to restrain the West Bengal Government from extending its
jurisdiction into port areas of Orissa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH