Congress delegation from Orissa meets PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
is understood to have assured a Congress delegation from
Orissa on Wednesday that the Centre would respond positively on any
report that judicial commission on mining may give about
reports of massive irregularities and corruption in the state.
The Supreme Court is already seized of the matter and
a judicial commission of enquiry has been instituted to probe
into all cases of illegal mining in the country, including
Orissa, said Jayadev Jena, a member of the delegation.
The delegation also comprised Nrusingha Mishra,
Kishore Patel and Chiranjiv Biswal.
Alleging that there is massive scam in distribution of
rice at two rupees a kilo to the BPL families, Jena said the
delegation demanded that the Centre`s allocation of Rs 11 for
each kg of rice under this scheme be given directly to the
The delegation also raised concerns over other scams
going on in the state under the 15 year of "misrule" of Chief
Minister Navin Patnaik.
The delegation also reiterated the party?s demand to
extend the CBI enquiry into all the 30 districts of the state
in connection with the alleged NREGS scam.
CBI is presently probing into NREGS works in six
districts of the state.
Jena said the delegation also urged the Prime Minister
to restrain the West Bengal Government from extending its
jurisdiction into port areas of Orissa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to campaign outside Amethi and Rae Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections?
- 'India stalling dialogue with Pakistan to avoid negotiations on Kashmir'
- Cancer woes: Parsley, dill can actually be the cure!
- Spine chilling! French swimmer Yannick Agnel promises to swim around the Nordic island if Iceland win Euro 2016
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 second flash sale on July 5; registrations open