Congress questions Naveen Patnaik`s `value-based` politics
Keonjhar: Launching a broadside against ruling BJD in Odisha, Congress on Sunday accused Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik of working contrary to the "value-based" politics he preaches by encouraging leaders from the opposition to join his party.
"Naveen Patnaik talks of value-based politics, but encourages leaders of the opposition party to join BJD. What type of value he is propagating?" Congress General Secretary B K Hariprasad said.
Sounding the poll bugle in Odisha at a public meeting at Chenapadi junction in Keonjhar district, Hariprasad said Congress alone could provide good governance in the country.
The meeting was attended by PCC chief Jayadev Jena, Union Minister Srikant Jena, AICC`s Subhankar Sarkar, Congress MP Rajib Biswal and local Congress candidate Madhab Sardar.
Though the Centre was providing adequate funds to the state government for implementation of different programmes, the latter was unable to utilise the amount for improving the condition of people, he alleged.
Exuding confidence that Congress would come to power both at the Centre and Odisha, Hariprasad urged the people to strengthen the party and support it in the ensuing elections.
PCC chief Jena alleged the BJD government was "neck deep in corruption" including the huge mining scam and it had no moral right to continue in office.
Union Minister Srikant Jena said the BJD government had done precious little for the mineral-rich Keonjhar district though the district`s contribution in terms of revenue generation for Odisha`s exchequer was enormous.
There had been no development in Keonjhar district during the BJD rule, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm