Congress questions Naveen Patnaik`s `value-based` politics
Keonjhar: Launching a broadside against ruling BJD in Odisha, Congress on Sunday accused Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik of working contrary to the "value-based" politics he preaches by encouraging leaders from the opposition to join his party.
"Naveen Patnaik talks of value-based politics, but encourages leaders of the opposition party to join BJD. What type of value he is propagating?" Congress General Secretary B K Hariprasad said.
Sounding the poll bugle in Odisha at a public meeting at Chenapadi junction in Keonjhar district, Hariprasad said Congress alone could provide good governance in the country.
The meeting was attended by PCC chief Jayadev Jena, Union Minister Srikant Jena, AICC`s Subhankar Sarkar, Congress MP Rajib Biswal and local Congress candidate Madhab Sardar.
Though the Centre was providing adequate funds to the state government for implementation of different programmes, the latter was unable to utilise the amount for improving the condition of people, he alleged.
Exuding confidence that Congress would come to power both at the Centre and Odisha, Hariprasad urged the people to strengthen the party and support it in the ensuing elections.
PCC chief Jena alleged the BJD government was "neck deep in corruption" including the huge mining scam and it had no moral right to continue in office.
Union Minister Srikant Jena said the BJD government had done precious little for the mineral-rich Keonjhar district though the district`s contribution in terms of revenue generation for Odisha`s exchequer was enormous.
There had been no development in Keonjhar district during the BJD rule, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read