Crorepati Class-IV employee under vigilance scanner
Bhubaneswar: A class-IV employee of Odisha Government has been found to be a crorepati possessing huge property disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Despite having a monthly income of only about Rs 10,000, a Khalasi in the state government`s Public Health Engineering department has allegedly ammassed assets worth over Rs 1.16 crore, according to vigilance sources.
The assets acquired by the man, who stays in a small asbestos-roofed house inside the premises of a pump house in Unit-II locality of the state capital, were unearthed during raids by the sleuths of the vigilance wing last week.
Acting on an information, the sleuths conducted raids at his house and the residences of some of his relatives to find that the Khalasi was the proud owner of at least two houses including a two-storey building in the state capital.
The cost of this building alone was estimated at around Rs 50 lakh. The raids also showed that the employee owned at least four plots of land in different places in the state.
He also owns a house at village Ekchalia of Puri district besides his ancestral house at Bapujinagarsahi of Kantilo area in Nayagarh district.
These apart, he had already paid money as advance for two more plots in?Bhubaneswar.
During the search operations, the vigilance sleuths also found in his possession movable assets including a motor cycle with a total worth ofRs 2.30 lakh.Gold ornaments weighing 551 grams and silver ornaments weighing 738 grams worth Rs 5.54 lakh were also traced.
Deposits in different banks, post offices and insurance companies to the tune of?27.80 lakh were detected besides?cash?of Rs60,134.
Further investigation was on.
The assets came to light close on the heels of detection of property worth about Rs two crore possessed by a peon in Jajpur district, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India