Eight people missing in boat capsize
Koraput (Orissa): Eight persons, including
two children, were missing after a country-boat in which
they were travelling capsized in a water reservoir in Orissa`s
Koraput district on Sunday, police said.
The boat carrying 12 people from Pujariput village
under Lamtaput block was on its way to Jolahonjar, about 60 km
from here, when it lost balance and capsized in Kolab
reservoir, they said.
While four persons, including two women, swam to
safety, eight others went missing in the reservoir, police
Two children and some women were among those missing.
Fire brigade personnel, local fishermen and volunteers
have launched a search operation in the reservoir to trace the
missing persons, the police said.
The mishap took place when the villagers were
proceeding to attend a function at a place across the water
body, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals