Eight people missing in boat capsize
Koraput (Orissa): Eight persons, including
two children, were missing after a country-boat in which
they were travelling capsized in a water reservoir in Orissa`s
Koraput district on Sunday, police said.
The boat carrying 12 people from Pujariput village
under Lamtaput block was on its way to Jolahonjar, about 60 km
from here, when it lost balance and capsized in Kolab
reservoir, they said.
While four persons, including two women, swam to
safety, eight others went missing in the reservoir, police
Two children and some women were among those missing.
Fire brigade personnel, local fishermen and volunteers
have launched a search operation in the reservoir to trace the
missing persons, the police said.
The mishap took place when the villagers were
proceeding to attend a function at a place across the water
body, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt