Eight people missing in boat capsize
Koraput (Orissa): Eight persons, including
two children, were missing after a country-boat in which
they were travelling capsized in a water reservoir in Orissa`s
Koraput district on Sunday, police said.
The boat carrying 12 people from Pujariput village
under Lamtaput block was on its way to Jolahonjar, about 60 km
from here, when it lost balance and capsized in Kolab
reservoir, they said.
While four persons, including two women, swam to
safety, eight others went missing in the reservoir, police
Two children and some women were among those missing.
Fire brigade personnel, local fishermen and volunteers
have launched a search operation in the reservoir to trace the
missing persons, the police said.
The mishap took place when the villagers were
proceeding to attend a function at a place across the water
body, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!