Eight people missing in boat capsize
Koraput (Orissa): Eight persons, including
two children, were missing after a country-boat in which
they were travelling capsized in a water reservoir in Orissa`s
Koraput district on Sunday, police said.
The boat carrying 12 people from Pujariput village
under Lamtaput block was on its way to Jolahonjar, about 60 km
from here, when it lost balance and capsized in Kolab
reservoir, they said.
While four persons, including two women, swam to
safety, eight others went missing in the reservoir, police
Two children and some women were among those missing.
Fire brigade personnel, local fishermen and volunteers
have launched a search operation in the reservoir to trace the
missing persons, the police said.
The mishap took place when the villagers were
proceeding to attend a function at a place across the water
body, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest