Former sarpanch killed in Odisha
Keonjhar: A former sarpanch was
killed in a dispute over excavation of sand from the river bed in Odisha`s Keonjhar district Monday, police sources said.
Former sarpanch of Samana gram panchayat, Baishan
Charan Biswal, was hacked to death by a group, at Hatadihi under Nandipada police station, Superintendent of Police, Asis Singh said.
The killing led to a road blockade and violence with
Biswal`s supporters setting ablaze a mobile tower and a few
motorbikes as shops and business establishments downed
Senior officials rushed to the spot and the armed police were deployed in the town, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city