Former sarpanch killed in Odisha
Keonjhar: A former sarpanch was
killed in a dispute over excavation of sand from the river bed in Odisha`s Keonjhar district Monday, police sources said.
Former sarpanch of Samana gram panchayat, Baishan
Charan Biswal, was hacked to death by a group, at Hatadihi under Nandipada police station, Superintendent of Police, Asis Singh said.
The killing led to a road blockade and violence with
Biswal`s supporters setting ablaze a mobile tower and a few
motorbikes as shops and business establishments downed
Senior officials rushed to the spot and the armed police were deployed in the town, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police