Four injured in transformer blast
Jajpur: Four persons sustained burn injuries when an electric transformer burst at a ferro chrome and alloys plant in Jajpur district on Sunday.
The injured - three workers and a senior deputy manager of the unit in Jajpur Road - were admitted to a government hospital nearby and later one of them shifted to a private hospital in Cuttack as his condition deteriorated.
The incident happened when work relating to repair of the electrical structure in the plant premises was on.
The injured were identified as Damodar Behera, Chakradhar Nayak, Mayadhar Sahu and Senior Deputy Manager (Electrical) of the plant M R Rao, officials said.
According to official sources, the plant and its colonies were plunged into darkness due to snap of power since last night. The electrical staff of the plant was repairing the structure today when the transformer burst leaving four of the them injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples
- Smartphone may reveal your sexual preferences