Govt blamed for water scarcity in Berhampur
Berhampur: BJP today blamed the Odisha government for failing to implement a major drinking water project here which is facing a water crisis.
"Chheligada project was designed in 2007-08 to solve the drinking water problem. Pipes were also purchased, but the project was abandoned causing severe drinking water scarcity," state BJP Persident K V Singhdeo said.
"Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, whose assembly seat falls in Ganjam district, should explain why the project was not implemented," Singhdeo asked during a visit to the south Odisha district to attend meetings as part of his people`s contact programme.
He also criticised the state government for the "poor law and order situation" and the Centre for corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued