Govt blamed for water scarcity in Berhampur
Berhampur: BJP today blamed the Odisha government for failing to implement a major drinking water project here which is facing a water crisis.
"Chheligada project was designed in 2007-08 to solve the drinking water problem. Pipes were also purchased, but the project was abandoned causing severe drinking water scarcity," state BJP Persident K V Singhdeo said.
"Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, whose assembly seat falls in Ganjam district, should explain why the project was not implemented," Singhdeo asked during a visit to the south Odisha district to attend meetings as part of his people`s contact programme.
He also criticised the state government for the "poor law and order situation" and the Centre for corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them