Govt blamed for water scarcity in Berhampur
Berhampur: BJP today blamed the Odisha government for failing to implement a major drinking water project here which is facing a water crisis.
"Chheligada project was designed in 2007-08 to solve the drinking water problem. Pipes were also purchased, but the project was abandoned causing severe drinking water scarcity," state BJP Persident K V Singhdeo said.
"Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, whose assembly seat falls in Ganjam district, should explain why the project was not implemented," Singhdeo asked during a visit to the south Odisha district to attend meetings as part of his people`s contact programme.
He also criticised the state government for the "poor law and order situation" and the Centre for corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II