Govt blamed for water scarcity in Berhampur
Berhampur: BJP today blamed the Odisha government for failing to implement a major drinking water project here which is facing a water crisis.
"Chheligada project was designed in 2007-08 to solve the drinking water problem. Pipes were also purchased, but the project was abandoned causing severe drinking water scarcity," state BJP Persident K V Singhdeo said.
"Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, whose assembly seat falls in Ganjam district, should explain why the project was not implemented," Singhdeo asked during a visit to the south Odisha district to attend meetings as part of his people`s contact programme.
He also criticised the state government for the "poor law and order situation" and the Centre for corruption.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living