Govt blamed for water scarcity in Berhampur
Berhampur: BJP today blamed the Odisha government for failing to implement a major drinking water project here which is facing a water crisis.
"Chheligada project was designed in 2007-08 to solve the drinking water problem. Pipes were also purchased, but the project was abandoned causing severe drinking water scarcity," state BJP Persident K V Singhdeo said.
"Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, whose assembly seat falls in Ganjam district, should explain why the project was not implemented," Singhdeo asked during a visit to the south Odisha district to attend meetings as part of his people`s contact programme.
He also criticised the state government for the "poor law and order situation" and the Centre for corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- FIR against Bajrang Dal activists for organising arms training camp
- Vijay Mallya cheque bounce case adjourned till June 6
- VS Achuthanandan has a message for Kerala's new LDF government – Read
- Batla House encounter was not fake: Shivraj Patil
- Ekadanta Sankashti Chaturthi Vrat—Significance, Tithi and Timings!