Govt urged to waive exam fees for cyclone-hit students
Berhampur (Odisha): Berhampur University authorities today urged the Odisha government for waiving the of examination fee of students affected by Phailin and subsequent floods that hit the state last month.
"We have written to Governor S C Jamir, who is also university Chancellor and discussed with the higher education secretary about it," said university vice-chancellor Deepak Kumar Behera.
University authorities took this step following a demand by post-graduate students. First and third semester students refused to fill up examination forms, demanding fee waiver. Due to the protest, the authorities extended the date for submission of forms to December 6.
First and third semester examinations are due in first week of January 2014.
The students` union had also demanded the fee waiver from Revenue minister S N Patro during his visit to the varsity recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you