HC issues contempt notices to 2 govt officials
Cuttack: Orissa High Court has issued notices to two government officials asking them to show cause as to why contempt proceedings were not initiated against them for violating an earlier court order.
A division bench of Justices M M Das and A K Rath yesterday issued notices to State Institute of Educational Technology and Elementary Education (SIETEE) Director Sukadev Das and State School and Mass Education Secretary Usha Padhee calling upon them to show cause within four weeks.
This followed admitting a contempt petition filed by eleven employees of SIETEE in connection with its closure.
Earlier in May this year, the High Court as an interim order had restrained the state government from closing the Institute, which was set up under the School and Mass Education Department to prepare educational technology programme.
In the same order, the HC had also restrained the government from taking any step in disengaging the present employees from services without the leave of the court and their salary should be paid regularly during the pendency of the case.
The petitioners alleged that the interim order of the court had not been adhered to.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi