Heat wave condition intensifies in Odisha, toll mounts to 3
Bhubaneswar: The prevailing heat wave condition further intensified in Odisha on Wednesday with maximum temperature reaching 44.3 degree Celsius at the coal town of Talcher even as the state government confirmed death of total three persons due to sun stroke, official sources said.
"We have got confirmation of another sunstroke death from Mayurbhanj district. The total sunstroke toll so far therefore increased to three," said deputy special relief commissioner Pravat Ranjan Mohapatra.
According to MeT office sources, maximum temperature today recorded above 40 degree Celsius in 16 towns and cities across the state.
While Talcher recorded 44.3 deg C, the mercury level reached 42.2 deg C at the state capital Bhubaneswar.
A release by the local MeT office said temperature recorded 40 degree Celsius and above in Chandbali (41.2), Cuttack (40), Angul (43.7), Baripada (40), Jharsuguda (42.3), Keonjhargarh (41), Sambalpur (42.2), Sundargarh (41), Hirakud (42.3), Bhawanipatna (40.2), Bolangir (41), Phulbani (40.8), Titlagarh (42.5) and Sonepur (42.5).
The MeT office also predicted heat wave condition was likely to be more intense in the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical