Huge cache of explosives stored by Maoists seized
Koraput: Security personnel
belonging to Border Security Force (BSF) today found huge cache of explosives during an anti-Maoist operation in Narayanpatna area of Odisha`s Koraput district, the police
"The explosives were seized near Rajinguda village
in Narayanpatna police station area. No one has been arrested
in this connection and no injury from our side has been
reported," Superintendent of Police Anup Kumar Sahoo said.
The seized materials included 45 kg gel explosives,
three buckets of gel improvised explosive device (IED), each
weighing 15 kg, 7.5 kg gun powder, 15 kg urea and 200 meters
of codex wire.
"It is suspected that Maoists had stored the
explosives to use it in some future offensives. If used, the
explosives have the potential to explode several heavy
vehicles at a time," Sahoo said.
Security has been tightened and combing operations
were stepped up in the area after the seizure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress