Huge cache of explosives stored by Maoists seized
Koraput: Security personnel
belonging to Border Security Force (BSF) today found huge cache of explosives during an anti-Maoist operation in Narayanpatna area of Odisha`s Koraput district, the police
"The explosives were seized near Rajinguda village
in Narayanpatna police station area. No one has been arrested
in this connection and no injury from our side has been
reported," Superintendent of Police Anup Kumar Sahoo said.
The seized materials included 45 kg gel explosives,
three buckets of gel improvised explosive device (IED), each
weighing 15 kg, 7.5 kg gun powder, 15 kg urea and 200 meters
of codex wire.
"It is suspected that Maoists had stored the
explosives to use it in some future offensives. If used, the
explosives have the potential to explode several heavy
vehicles at a time," Sahoo said.
Security has been tightened and combing operations
were stepped up in the area after the seizure.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India