Lawyer sets up Netaji museum in Kendrapara
Kendrapara (Orissa): A private museum
here that houses several antique collections on Netaji
Subash Chandra Bose drew many admirers of the great leader on
his birth anniversary.
A young lawyer, Mohammad Mustaque, has set up the
museum at his home in Fakirabad locality of the town.
For the 46-year-old lawyer, collecting and preserving
antiques was a hobby. Now it’s a passion. In his private
museum, a wide range of collections on the nationalist
leader find a pride of place.
The unique collections included rare photographs,
letters, manuscripts, magazines, journals and coins related to
Netaji. Majority of these collections fall under rare category
and are worthy of preservation in national level museum.
“Since childhood, I was an ardent fan of Netaji. His
magnetic personality drew me towards knowing more about him.
The children of my age adored Bollywood heroes, but for me he
was my idol. Later on, I began to collect everything that
had even Netaji’s name,” Mustaque recalled.
“It was three decades of perseverance and hard work
that is now paying dividends. I am proud that my collection on
the great leader is drawing people from various parts.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day