Man gets life in jail in Odisha for killing his father
Berhampur: A man has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for killing his father, a police officer, three years ago.
District and Sessions judge M S Dhal awarded life imprisonment to Debi Prasad Behera of Goshaninuagon yesterday for stoning to death his father and police officer Hadibandhu Behera on April 11, 2011.
The man`s father was posted as an assistant sub-inspector of police at Kasinagar in Gajapati district and was on a visit to his home at Goshaninuagon when he was killed by his son, a school dropout, over a family dispute.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on the convict failing which he would have to undergo an additional jail term for two years.
- English Premier League: Is Leicester City's 5,000-1 upset the greatest sporting shock ever?
- Pakistan knew about Osama bin Laden's Abbottabad hideout: Hillary Clinton
- Hema Malini, Dharmendra celebrate 36 years of marriage – See pics
- PM Narendra Modi may quash MPs' dreams of 100% salary hike - Know why
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?