Man pours acid on girl as she refuses love proposal
Kendrapara: A 19-year-old girl sustained burn injury after a jilted lover poured acid on her as she turned down his proposal, police said.
The critically injured girl was rushed to SCB medical college hospital in Cuttack. She was admitted to the casualty department and later shifted to special burn ward with 40 percent injury, doctors said.
According to villagers the incident took place at around 2 pm on Thursday night while the victim was asleep in her room. The accused allegedly threw the acid through the windows of her bed room and fled the spot, sources added.
The incident took place at Badanaukana village under Brahmanasahi gram panchayat under Rajnagar police station jurisdiction.
The accused, identified as Alekh Mandal was a self styled physician. He, however, feld the village after committing the crime. Police said a massive manhunt has been launched to nab the culprit.
Mandal was staying in a rented accommodation on the neighbourhood of victim`s house. He used to make romantic advances towards her which the victim girl had spurned. That might have enraged him to hit upon the harsh step like throwing acid, police said.
In another acid attack in Ichapur area of Kendrapara Township, a father-son duo was critically injured as unidentified miscreants threw acid on them on Wednesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation