Man sentenced for circulating fake notes
Balasore (Odisha): A local court on Friday
sentenced a man to ten years rigorous imprisonment for
circulating counterfeit currency notes.
Additional Sessions judge Jiban Ballav Dash sentenced
Hiralal Saha to 10 years RI and imposed a fine of Rs two lakh
after examining nine witnesses and other evidences.
According to prosecution, Saha was caught by some shop
keepers for giving fake Rs 1,000 notes after purchasing
garments in Soro market on November 13, 2010 in Balasore
He was immediately handed over to police and two more
counterfeit notes of Rs 1,000 denomination were seized from
The seized notes were verified from the Nasik currency
division and found fake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days