Maoist killed in Odisha gunfight
Bhubaneswar: A Maoist rebel was killed in a gunfight with security forces in a forested area of Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said Sunday.
The exchange of fire took place eight km away from Janwai village, about 750 km from here, when a group of rebels encountered Border Security Force personnel Saturday night.
"The body of the Maoist rebel (in uniform) was found during a search of the area Sunday," District Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said, adding that two locally made guns were also recovered from the site.
Malkangiri district is considered one of the Maoist strongholds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested