Maoist killed in Odisha gunfight
Bhubaneswar: A Maoist rebel was killed in a gunfight with security forces in a forested area of Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said Sunday.
The exchange of fire took place eight km away from Janwai village, about 750 km from here, when a group of rebels encountered Border Security Force personnel Saturday night.
"The body of the Maoist rebel (in uniform) was found during a search of the area Sunday," District Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said, adding that two locally made guns were also recovered from the site.
Malkangiri district is considered one of the Maoist strongholds.
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception