Maoists accuses Odisha of failing to keep promises
Koraput: Strongly protesting the Odisha Government`s plan of launching night operation against Maoists, the out-lawed outfit has alleged that the state has failed to keep its promises made during the abduction of MLA Jhina Hikaka.
"Instead of releasing the jailed tribals which the state government had promised during release of the MLA, it has intensified its night patrolling by security personnel belonging to Special Operation Group, BSF and COBRA and has arrested as many as 15 tribals in past one month from Narayanpatna and Bandhugaon areas," Maoist leader identifying herself as Aruna said in the letter.
The two-page letter written in Telugu was sent to the local press club last night, strongly opposed to the night operation.
"Due to night patrolling the tribals are unable to do farming as they are being arrested by the security men at a time when they are sleeping at the fields to safeguard their crops," the letter pointed out.
The Maoist letter has also urged the police informers and home guards not to help the security personnel in combing operations and to charge their anti-people attitude.
The Maoists had abducted the 37 year-old Laxmipur legislator Jhina Hikaka on the night of March 23 from Toyoput and had released him on April 23 after the state government agreed to meet some of their demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days