Maoists blow up Howrah-Mumbai train route
Rourkela: Suspected Maoists blew
away a portion of railway tracks in the wee hours on Monday near
here causing derailment of a goods train and disruption of
train services on the Howrah-Mumbai route.
A portion of the railway track at a place between
Bhalulata and Jareikela, about 30 km from here, was blown up
by suspected Maoists at 1 am leading to derailment of two
wagons of a goods train, Rourkela railway station manager S
K Panda told a news agency.
However, there have been no reports of injury or casualty
in the incident.
Following the blast, all trains on the Howrah-Mumbai
route have been held up at different stations, Panda said,
adding that explosives might also have been planted on the
up-line of the route.
Maoists had yesterday called a 72-hour bandh in Bihar,
Jharkhand, Orissa, West Bengal and Chhattisgarh to protest
against a proposed all-out offensive "Operation Green Hunt"
against them by the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH