Maoists blow up Howrah-Mumbai train route
Rourkela: Suspected Maoists blew
away a portion of railway tracks in the wee hours on Monday near
here causing derailment of a goods train and disruption of
train services on the Howrah-Mumbai route.
A portion of the railway track at a place between
Bhalulata and Jareikela, about 30 km from here, was blown up
by suspected Maoists at 1 am leading to derailment of two
wagons of a goods train, Rourkela railway station manager S
K Panda told a news agency.
However, there have been no reports of injury or casualty
in the incident.
Following the blast, all trains on the Howrah-Mumbai
route have been held up at different stations, Panda said,
adding that explosives might also have been planted on the
up-line of the route.
Maoists had yesterday called a 72-hour bandh in Bihar,
Jharkhand, Orissa, West Bengal and Chhattisgarh to protest
against a proposed all-out offensive "Operation Green Hunt"
against them by the Centre.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'