Maoists blow up police outpost in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Maoist guerrillas have blown up an under-construction police outpost in Malkanagiri district of Orissa, police said Saturday.
"It was an under-construction police outpost. Maoists blew up part of the building Friday night. We had planned this outpost to increase our presence by stationing more armed personnel there," Malkanagiri sub-divisional police officer Anup Sahu said.
According to police, about 40 armed Maoists were involved in the attack.
Malkanagiri is over 600 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO