Maoists blow up police outpost in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Maoist guerrillas have blown up an under-construction police outpost in Malkanagiri district of Orissa, police said Saturday.
"It was an under-construction police outpost. Maoists blew up part of the building Friday night. We had planned this outpost to increase our presence by stationing more armed personnel there," Malkanagiri sub-divisional police officer Anup Sahu said.
According to police, about 40 armed Maoists were involved in the attack.
Malkanagiri is over 600 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra