Maoists to ‘democratically’ release Italian
Bhubaneswar: Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda is reported to have released a new audio tape stating that they are ready to release abducted Italian Paolo Bosusco through ‘democratic means’.
According to sources, Maoists’ ‘democratic means’ imply the Italian would be first produced before a ‘people’s court’ before being set free.
Panda reportedly said in the latest tape that they are in possession of the joint statement issued by the Odisha government and mediators.
The message came a day after a court acquitted Panda`s wife Sushashree Panda in a shootout case.
The Maoists had demanded her release, among other pre-conditions, in exchange for the release of the Italian who was taken hostage last month.
Maoists have also been holding a BJD MLA, Jhina Hikaka as hostage.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav