Maoists to ‘democratically’ release Italian
Bhubaneswar: Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda is reported to have released a new audio tape stating that they are ready to release abducted Italian Paolo Bosusco through ‘democratic means’.
According to sources, Maoists’ ‘democratic means’ imply the Italian would be first produced before a ‘people’s court’ before being set free.
Panda reportedly said in the latest tape that they are in possession of the joint statement issued by the Odisha government and mediators.
The message came a day after a court acquitted Panda`s wife Sushashree Panda in a shootout case.
The Maoists had demanded her release, among other pre-conditions, in exchange for the release of the Italian who was taken hostage last month.
Maoists have also been holding a BJD MLA, Jhina Hikaka as hostage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested