Maoists to ‘democratically’ release Italian
Bhubaneswar: Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda is reported to have released a new audio tape stating that they are ready to release abducted Italian Paolo Bosusco through ‘democratic means’.
According to sources, Maoists’ ‘democratic means’ imply the Italian would be first produced before a ‘people’s court’ before being set free.
Panda reportedly said in the latest tape that they are in possession of the joint statement issued by the Odisha government and mediators.
The message came a day after a court acquitted Panda`s wife Sushashree Panda in a shootout case.
The Maoists had demanded her release, among other pre-conditions, in exchange for the release of the Italian who was taken hostage last month.
Maoists have also been holding a BJD MLA, Jhina Hikaka as hostage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years