Missing student received dead in hospital in Cuttack
Cuttack: The death of an engineering college student, who was `received dead` by a private hospital here, has sparked a controversy as family members of the deceased allege that it was a pre-planned murder.
Mihir Naik, a third year B Tech student of a Bhubaneswar-based private engineering college was reported missing since Thursday night.
But on Friday night, a group of youths brought him to a hospital located in Chahata area of the city saying Mihir was lying unconscious on the road after an accident.
The youths, however, quickly left the hospital as soon as the doctors declared that Mihir was `received dead`, said a relative of the deceased who rushed here from his native village in Kendrapada district.
"I got a call from an unknown number informing me that my brother has met with an accident and was undergoing treatment in a Cuttack hospital. But when I came here I was told my brother is no more," said Mihir’s younger brother.
The student’s parents now allege that it was a pre-planned murder and have approached the police.
The Bidanasi police of the city have begun investigation into the incident after registering a case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read