Missing student received dead in hospital in Cuttack
Cuttack: The death of an engineering college student, who was `received dead` by a private hospital here, has sparked a controversy as family members of the deceased allege that it was a pre-planned murder.
Mihir Naik, a third year B Tech student of a Bhubaneswar-based private engineering college was reported missing since Thursday night.
But on Friday night, a group of youths brought him to a hospital located in Chahata area of the city saying Mihir was lying unconscious on the road after an accident.
The youths, however, quickly left the hospital as soon as the doctors declared that Mihir was `received dead`, said a relative of the deceased who rushed here from his native village in Kendrapada district.
"I got a call from an unknown number informing me that my brother has met with an accident and was undergoing treatment in a Cuttack hospital. But when I came here I was told my brother is no more," said Mihir’s younger brother.
The student’s parents now allege that it was a pre-planned murder and have approached the police.
The Bidanasi police of the city have begun investigation into the incident after registering a case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP