Missing student received dead in hospital in Cuttack
Cuttack: The death of an engineering college student, who was `received dead` by a private hospital here, has sparked a controversy as family members of the deceased allege that it was a pre-planned murder.
Mihir Naik, a third year B Tech student of a Bhubaneswar-based private engineering college was reported missing since Thursday night.
But on Friday night, a group of youths brought him to a hospital located in Chahata area of the city saying Mihir was lying unconscious on the road after an accident.
The youths, however, quickly left the hospital as soon as the doctors declared that Mihir was `received dead`, said a relative of the deceased who rushed here from his native village in Kendrapada district.
"I got a call from an unknown number informing me that my brother has met with an accident and was undergoing treatment in a Cuttack hospital. But when I came here I was told my brother is no more," said Mihir’s younger brother.
The student’s parents now allege that it was a pre-planned murder and have approached the police.
The Bidanasi police of the city have begun investigation into the incident after registering a case, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company