Mobile towers set ablaze by Maoists in Orissa
Berhampur (Orissa): Maoists set ablaze at least three mobile towers at Baragada area in Ganjam district of Orissa on the first day of the two-day state-wide bandh called by them.
Armed rebels stormed into Goudagotha and Baroda
villages in Maoist infested Ganjam-Kandhamal-Gajapati border
and set afire mobile towers of BSNL and a private company in
the early hours, police said.
The left-wing ultras also pasted posters asking people
to make the bandh a success and to protest anti-naxal
This was the second major incident of the Maoists in
the district in the last 20 days.
The ultras had blown up fivem mobile towers of private
cellular operators at Asurabandha (3) and Gajalabadi (2) on
December 16, they said.
A senior police officer said the ultras did not blow
up the towers by using explosives this time. They burnt the
cables by using husk and kerosene.
Meanwhile, normal life in the part of Kandhamal
district was affected due the bandh of the Maoist. While the
vehicles were off the roads in several places in Ganjam and
Kandhamal districts, shops and business establishments downed
their shutters in Daringibadi, Bramhanigaon and Kotagarh areas
in Kandhamal district.
The shutdown has been called in protest against
killing of top Maoist leader Kishenji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'