MoEF to make action plans for Odisha public purpose projects
Bhubaneswar: Environment and Forest Minister Prakash Javdekar on Friday said his ministry will prepare an action plan for Odisha to execute public purpose projects and address various issues including Justice MB Shah Commission`s recommendations and findings on the mining scam in the state.
"We are reviewing many issues, including Shah Commission`s recommendations and findings on mining scam, in the state. The review will be completed by July-end. After that, we will prepare an action plan for the state," he said.
"We will work for the development of the state as the Central government love the people of Odisha and committed for their welfare," the senior BJP leader stated.
He criticised the Odisha government for not showing interest in clearing the pending cases with the ministry even as chief ministers of different states have been lobbying hard to get their work done.
"While chief ministers of different states are lobbying to clear projects pending with the MoEF, none from Odisha has come to us," Javdekar said.
Javdekar said that the Centre would continue with its development programme for Odisha even if there is no cooperation from the state government.
He even expressed his displeasure over the ratio of central fund utilisation by the Odisha government.
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor