MoEF to make action plans for Odisha public purpose projects
Bhubaneswar: Environment and Forest Minister Prakash Javdekar on Friday said his ministry will prepare an action plan for Odisha to execute public purpose projects and address various issues including Justice MB Shah Commission`s recommendations and findings on the mining scam in the state.
"We are reviewing many issues, including Shah Commission`s recommendations and findings on mining scam, in the state. The review will be completed by July-end. After that, we will prepare an action plan for the state," he said.
"We will work for the development of the state as the Central government love the people of Odisha and committed for their welfare," the senior BJP leader stated.
He criticised the Odisha government for not showing interest in clearing the pending cases with the ministry even as chief ministers of different states have been lobbying hard to get their work done.
"While chief ministers of different states are lobbying to clear projects pending with the MoEF, none from Odisha has come to us," Javdekar said.
Javdekar said that the Centre would continue with its development programme for Odisha even if there is no cooperation from the state government.
He even expressed his displeasure over the ratio of central fund utilisation by the Odisha government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?