Naveen seeks Rs 3,160 cr for Odisha in Rail Budget
New Delhi: Odisha Wednesday sought an allocation of Rs 3,160 crore in the Railway Budget 2014-15 to complete delayed projects and augment rail infrastructure in the state.
During his meeting with Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda here, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik also stressed on completion of all five projects sanctioned between 1994-95 and 2010-11.
"The Railway Minister said he will certainly try and expedite all these works including the much-delayed Khurda Road-Balangir project," Patnaik told reporters after half-an-hour meeting with Gowda.
"I have urged the Minister to allocate Rs 3,160 crore for Odisha in the Railway Budget for 2014-15 towards expansion and improving railway coverage," he added.
To ensure smooth movement of freight, the Chief Minister sought doubling of saturated railway lines in the state. They include the Talcher-Sambalpur, Sambalpur-Titlagarh-Raipur, Cuttack-Barang- Rajatgarh and Jakhapura-Keonjhar-Bansapani sections.
Besides, he reiterated the state`s demand for a wagon factory in Ganjam and a wagon maintenance workshop in Kalahandi.
In view of increasing passenger movement during the Nabakalebar festival in Puri in 2015, Patnaik urged the Railway Minister for completing the doubling work of Khurda Road-Puri line and Khurda Road junction bypass and modernisation of Bhubaneswar railway station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what