No takers for newborn girl in Odisha hospital
Cuttack: Authorities of SCB medical college and hospital here are in a quandary as family members of a newborn girl have refused to accept the baby alleging that their male child has been exchanged by the hospital staff.
But the newborn is deprived of mother’s care for the last six days while the hospital staff are on a sticky situation taking care of the baby.
Rashmita Mallick of Jajpur district is claiming that she delivered a baby boy on March 30 but the hospital authorities have exchanged him with a girl child.
"I will not vacate the hospital until my son is handed over to me," Rashmita’s husband Susanta Mallick said.
Filing a police case at a local police station, Susanta and his family members sat on a dharna inside the hospital premises.
On the other hand, the hospital is now thinking of handing over the girl to an orphanage as there are no takers of the baby. "We are waiting for a direction from Cuttack collector in this regard, a doctor of the gynaecology department of the hospital, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune