No takers for newborn girl in Odisha hospital
Cuttack: Authorities of SCB medical college and hospital here are in a quandary as family members of a newborn girl have refused to accept the baby alleging that their male child has been exchanged by the hospital staff.
But the newborn is deprived of mother’s care for the last six days while the hospital staff are on a sticky situation taking care of the baby.
Rashmita Mallick of Jajpur district is claiming that she delivered a baby boy on March 30 but the hospital authorities have exchanged him with a girl child.
"I will not vacate the hospital until my son is handed over to me," Rashmita’s husband Susanta Mallick said.
Filing a police case at a local police station, Susanta and his family members sat on a dharna inside the hospital premises.
On the other hand, the hospital is now thinking of handing over the girl to an orphanage as there are no takers of the baby. "We are waiting for a direction from Cuttack collector in this regard, a doctor of the gynaecology department of the hospital, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire