No takers for newborn girl in Odisha hospital
Cuttack: Authorities of SCB medical college and hospital here are in a quandary as family members of a newborn girl have refused to accept the baby alleging that their male child has been exchanged by the hospital staff.
But the newborn is deprived of mother’s care for the last six days while the hospital staff are on a sticky situation taking care of the baby.
Rashmita Mallick of Jajpur district is claiming that she delivered a baby boy on March 30 but the hospital authorities have exchanged him with a girl child.
"I will not vacate the hospital until my son is handed over to me," Rashmita’s husband Susanta Mallick said.
Filing a police case at a local police station, Susanta and his family members sat on a dharna inside the hospital premises.
On the other hand, the hospital is now thinking of handing over the girl to an orphanage as there are no takers of the baby. "We are waiting for a direction from Cuttack collector in this regard, a doctor of the gynaecology department of the hospital, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH