No takers for newborn girl in Odisha hospital
Cuttack: Authorities of SCB medical college and hospital here are in a quandary as family members of a newborn girl have refused to accept the baby alleging that their male child has been exchanged by the hospital staff.
But the newborn is deprived of mother’s care for the last six days while the hospital staff are on a sticky situation taking care of the baby.
Rashmita Mallick of Jajpur district is claiming that she delivered a baby boy on March 30 but the hospital authorities have exchanged him with a girl child.
"I will not vacate the hospital until my son is handed over to me," Rashmita’s husband Susanta Mallick said.
Filing a police case at a local police station, Susanta and his family members sat on a dharna inside the hospital premises.
On the other hand, the hospital is now thinking of handing over the girl to an orphanage as there are no takers of the baby. "We are waiting for a direction from Cuttack collector in this regard, a doctor of the gynaecology department of the hospital, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know