No takers for newborn girl in Odisha hospital
Cuttack: Authorities of SCB medical college and hospital here are in a quandary as family members of a newborn girl have refused to accept the baby alleging that their male child has been exchanged by the hospital staff.
But the newborn is deprived of mother’s care for the last six days while the hospital staff are on a sticky situation taking care of the baby.
Rashmita Mallick of Jajpur district is claiming that she delivered a baby boy on March 30 but the hospital authorities have exchanged him with a girl child.
"I will not vacate the hospital until my son is handed over to me," Rashmita’s husband Susanta Mallick said.
Filing a police case at a local police station, Susanta and his family members sat on a dharna inside the hospital premises.
On the other hand, the hospital is now thinking of handing over the girl to an orphanage as there are no takers of the baby. "We are waiting for a direction from Cuttack collector in this regard, a doctor of the gynaecology department of the hospital, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you