Odisha Assembly pays tribute to IK Gujral
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Assembly paid tribute to former prime minister IK Gujral and the House was adjourned for the day without transacting any business.
As soon as the Assembly began, Leader of the House and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik moved a condolence motion describing Gujral as a great statesman and leaders across partylines mourned his death.
"Gujral`s demise is a great loss for the nation," Patnaik said.
Leader of the Opposition Bhupinder Singh of Congress said Gujral was an amicable person who mingled with people in no time. "I pray for peace to his soul," Singh said.
"Gujral had excelled in every field of life he was associated with," said BJP Legislature Party leader KV Singhdeo.
Speaker Pradip Kumar Amat too paid tribute to the former prime minister.
The members observed one minute silence to pay tribute to Gujral before the Speaker announced adjournment of the House as a mark of respect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie