Odisha cop suspended for assaulting govt staff
Puri: Officer In-Charge (OIC) of a police station in Puri district of Odisha was suspended on Wednesday for allegedly assaulting three staff of a government inspection bungalow, police said.
R B Rout, OIC of Kanas police station, was placed under suspension with immediate effect by Puri Superintendent of Police Anup Kumar Sahoo following the incident that took place late Tuesday night, they said.
Rout had allegedly visited the inspection bungalow of irrigation department on Tuesday night and asked those on duty to open a room for him but they refused to do so, they said.
An angry OIC then allegedly assaulted three staff physically and caused injury, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH