Odisha cop suspended for assaulting govt staff
Puri: Officer In-Charge (OIC) of a police station in Puri district of Odisha was suspended on Wednesday for allegedly assaulting three staff of a government inspection bungalow, police said.
R B Rout, OIC of Kanas police station, was placed under suspension with immediate effect by Puri Superintendent of Police Anup Kumar Sahoo following the incident that took place late Tuesday night, they said.
Rout had allegedly visited the inspection bungalow of irrigation department on Tuesday night and asked those on duty to open a room for him but they refused to do so, they said.
An angry OIC then allegedly assaulted three staff physically and caused injury, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP