Odisha cop suspended for assaulting govt staff
Puri: Officer In-Charge (OIC) of a police station in Puri district of Odisha was suspended on Wednesday for allegedly assaulting three staff of a government inspection bungalow, police said.
R B Rout, OIC of Kanas police station, was placed under suspension with immediate effect by Puri Superintendent of Police Anup Kumar Sahoo following the incident that took place late Tuesday night, they said.
Rout had allegedly visited the inspection bungalow of irrigation department on Tuesday night and asked those on duty to open a room for him but they refused to do so, they said.
An angry OIC then allegedly assaulted three staff physically and caused injury, police said.
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match