Odisha cop suspended for assaulting govt staff
Puri: Officer In-Charge (OIC) of a police station in Puri district of Odisha was suspended on Wednesday for allegedly assaulting three staff of a government inspection bungalow, police said.
R B Rout, OIC of Kanas police station, was placed under suspension with immediate effect by Puri Superintendent of Police Anup Kumar Sahoo following the incident that took place late Tuesday night, they said.
Rout had allegedly visited the inspection bungalow of irrigation department on Tuesday night and asked those on duty to open a room for him but they refused to do so, they said.
An angry OIC then allegedly assaulted three staff physically and caused injury, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble