Odisha Jan Morcha for pre-poll alliance with BJP
Berhampur: In a bid to defeat ruling BJD headed by Naveen Patnaik in the next elections, Odisha Jan Morcha led by Rajya Sabha MP Pyarimohan Mohapatra today said his party was open for a pre-poll alliance with BJP.
"I had talked to BJP leaders including president Rajnath Singh and former president Nitin Gadkari. It`s up to them to accept or reject our proposal of a pre-poll alliance," OJM president Mohapatra told reporters here.
Stating that OJM was ready to go to polls alone on its own strength, Mohapatra ruled out the possibility of a pact with Congress. "The Congress may not accept our proposal to implement certain ideas if voted to power," he said.
The political agenda of OJM includes urging the Centre to increase mineral royalty, make every village a Gram Panchayat and empower villages to take decisions on development, besides formulating policies of different sectors, including agriculture, within three months of formation of government, Mohapatra said.
However, the state unit of BJP has made it clear that it is not in favour of forging alliance with any party before the next elections.
"We will go to polls alone. BJP will have no alliance either with BJD or OJM," its state president K V Singhdeo had said.
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video