Odisha Jan Morcha for pre-poll alliance with BJP
Berhampur: In a bid to defeat ruling BJD headed by Naveen Patnaik in the next elections, Odisha Jan Morcha led by Rajya Sabha MP Pyarimohan Mohapatra today said his party was open for a pre-poll alliance with BJP.
"I had talked to BJP leaders including president Rajnath Singh and former president Nitin Gadkari. It`s up to them to accept or reject our proposal of a pre-poll alliance," OJM president Mohapatra told reporters here.
Stating that OJM was ready to go to polls alone on its own strength, Mohapatra ruled out the possibility of a pact with Congress. "The Congress may not accept our proposal to implement certain ideas if voted to power," he said.
The political agenda of OJM includes urging the Centre to increase mineral royalty, make every village a Gram Panchayat and empower villages to take decisions on development, besides formulating policies of different sectors, including agriculture, within three months of formation of government, Mohapatra said.
However, the state unit of BJP has made it clear that it is not in favour of forging alliance with any party before the next elections.
"We will go to polls alone. BJP will have no alliance either with BJD or OJM," its state president K V Singhdeo had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow