Odisha seeks RBI`s support for smooth relief payments
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government has sought support of RBI to facilitate government payments towards relief expenditure in view of the severe cyclonic storm `Phailin` all set to hit land near Gopalpur in Ganjam district, official sources said.
In his letter to the regional director Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Additional Chief Secretary (Finance) UN Behera said: "Treasuries of all the cyclone prone districts will remain open during the Puja holidays to facilitate processing of bills relating to emergent relief expenditure."
"You are requested to issue suitable instructions to the agency banks transacting government business to be in preparedness to carry out government payments relating to relief expenditure from October 12-14 and on other holidays to ensure flow of funds for relief activities," Behera said.
The Finance department has also directed the engineer-in-chief (electrical) to ensure uninterrupted power supply to treasuries as well as the directorate of treasuries, since treasuries will remain open to facilitate government payments for relief activities.
The state government has already cancelled Puja holidays for its four lakh employees in view of the impending calamity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`