Offer to negotiate with Maoists for kidnapped Italians
Berhampur: Dandapani Mohanty,
one of the three interlocutors who negotiated between Maoists
and the Odisha government for release of then Malkanagiri
collector R Vinnel Krishna last year, has offered to
negotiate for release of two abducted Italians if asked.
"I am ready to negotiate, but the appeal should come
from both sides - Odisha government and the Maoists," Mohanty,
convenor of Jana Adhikar Manch (JAM) said.
Appealing the ultras not to harm the Italians, he also
urged the state government to intervene in the matter
Four persons, including two Italians were abducted by
Maoists from Kandhamal while they were on tour of Daringibadi,
a tourist spot in the district.
They set free the cook and driver accompanying them.
The Maoists have demanded halt to combing operation,
release of people arrested on charge of being Maoists and
discussion on their 13-point demands made during negotiations
with the government for release of in February last year,
The government had agreed to implement the demands
after a prolonged discussion, but most of them were yet to be
implemented. "Let the government clarify its stand," he said.
Besides Mohanty, other two mediators - Prof Haragopal
and R S Rao from Andhra Pradesh - had negotiated with the
government for about a week to reach on an agreement. Rao has
since passed away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon