Orissa HC bar association suspends Adv Gen
Cuttack: In an unprecedented move the
Orissa High Court Bar Association today passed a unanimous
resolution putting the State Advocate General (AG) Ashok Kumar
Mohanty under suspension from the association and issued a
show-cause notice to him.
"The bar association in an extraordinary general body
meeting on the day passed a resolution suspending the Advocate
General for his alleged misbehaviour and showing disrespect to
the office bearers of the bar," said the bar association
secretary Piyush Kumar Mishra.
It was also decided by the Association that a
show-cause notice would be issued to the AG as to why he
conducted himself in such unbecoming manner, Mishra said.
Sources said some office bearers of the Association,
including its secretary had gone the AG’s residence on Monday
evening to seek his consent for inaugurating the January 26
inter-bar cricket tournament as chief guest of the occasion.
"But without any provocation, the AG misbehaved with the
office bearers and asked them to go away," said a member of
the association executive body.
When contacted, the AG refused to comment on the issue
saying he was yet to know about the allegations against him.
"I would be in a position to comment on the issue only when I
am informed about the allegations against me," Mohanty told
this correspondent over telephone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city