Orissa HC bar association suspends Adv Gen
Cuttack: In an unprecedented move the
Orissa High Court Bar Association today passed a unanimous
resolution putting the State Advocate General (AG) Ashok Kumar
Mohanty under suspension from the association and issued a
show-cause notice to him.
"The bar association in an extraordinary general body
meeting on the day passed a resolution suspending the Advocate
General for his alleged misbehaviour and showing disrespect to
the office bearers of the bar," said the bar association
secretary Piyush Kumar Mishra.
It was also decided by the Association that a
show-cause notice would be issued to the AG as to why he
conducted himself in such unbecoming manner, Mishra said.
Sources said some office bearers of the Association,
including its secretary had gone the AG’s residence on Monday
evening to seek his consent for inaugurating the January 26
inter-bar cricket tournament as chief guest of the occasion.
"But without any provocation, the AG misbehaved with the
office bearers and asked them to go away," said a member of
the association executive body.
When contacted, the AG refused to comment on the issue
saying he was yet to know about the allegations against him.
"I would be in a position to comment on the issue only when I
am informed about the allegations against me," Mohanty told
this correspondent over telephone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam
- West Indies vs India 2016: Trinidad board launches probe after farcical washout
- Act of revenge! Gurgaon woman kidnapped, gang-raped for complaining against harassers