Orissa HC grants anticipatory bail to former cop
Cuttack: Orissa High Court has granted
anticipatory bail to former Nimapada police station inspector
Bimal Kumar Naik who has been on the run ever since he escaped
from the clutches of state vigilance sleuths on January 6 this
Justice S C Parija allowed the tainted police
officer`s bail yesterday asking him to surrender before the
JMFC court in Nimapada.
The magisterial court has been directed to release the
applicant on bail after fixing whatever conditions the lower
court deem proper.
The High Court, however, refused to allow the advance
bail of the cop in the vigilance case he has been booked for.
Instead, the cop on the run has been asked to
surrender before the special vigilance court of Bhubaneswar
within two weeks and the vigilance court in turn, has been
asked to dispose off the bail application of the cop on the
same day of surrender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees