Orissa HC grants anticipatory bail to former cop
Cuttack: Orissa High Court has granted
anticipatory bail to former Nimapada police station inspector
Bimal Kumar Naik who has been on the run ever since he escaped
from the clutches of state vigilance sleuths on January 6 this
Justice S C Parija allowed the tainted police
officer`s bail yesterday asking him to surrender before the
JMFC court in Nimapada.
The magisterial court has been directed to release the
applicant on bail after fixing whatever conditions the lower
court deem proper.
The High Court, however, refused to allow the advance
bail of the cop in the vigilance case he has been booked for.
Instead, the cop on the run has been asked to
surrender before the special vigilance court of Bhubaneswar
within two weeks and the vigilance court in turn, has been
asked to dispose off the bail application of the cop on the
same day of surrender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered