Orissa HC grants anticipatory bail to former cop
Cuttack: Orissa High Court has granted
anticipatory bail to former Nimapada police station inspector
Bimal Kumar Naik who has been on the run ever since he escaped
from the clutches of state vigilance sleuths on January 6 this
Justice S C Parija allowed the tainted police
officer`s bail yesterday asking him to surrender before the
JMFC court in Nimapada.
The magisterial court has been directed to release the
applicant on bail after fixing whatever conditions the lower
court deem proper.
The High Court, however, refused to allow the advance
bail of the cop in the vigilance case he has been booked for.
Instead, the cop on the run has been asked to
surrender before the special vigilance court of Bhubaneswar
within two weeks and the vigilance court in turn, has been
asked to dispose off the bail application of the cop on the
same day of surrender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs