Orissa HC grants anticipatory bail to former cop
Cuttack: Orissa High Court has granted
anticipatory bail to former Nimapada police station inspector
Bimal Kumar Naik who has been on the run ever since he escaped
from the clutches of state vigilance sleuths on January 6 this
Justice S C Parija allowed the tainted police
officer`s bail yesterday asking him to surrender before the
JMFC court in Nimapada.
The magisterial court has been directed to release the
applicant on bail after fixing whatever conditions the lower
court deem proper.
The High Court, however, refused to allow the advance
bail of the cop in the vigilance case he has been booked for.
Instead, the cop on the run has been asked to
surrender before the special vigilance court of Bhubaneswar
within two weeks and the vigilance court in turn, has been
asked to dispose off the bail application of the cop on the
same day of surrender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog