Orissa police probing origins of threatening e-mail
Bhubaneswar: A day after the office of Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik received a fresh e-mail from suspected Maoists threatening a `Dantewada-type massacre`, police and cyber experts were on Friday detecting its origin.
"Police are investigating into the matter. Let us wait," Patnaik told reporters.
A police officer said efforts were on by a team of experts to first detect the origin of the e-mail.
The e-mail, sent from pgla.ocac.in to the chief minister`s official e-mail account yesterday, came close on the heels of another mail on March 27 which threatened to attack Patnaik`s residence and other important establishments.
Asking the Orissa government to stop anti-Maoist operations in Koraput and Malkangiri, the e-mail had claimed success in eliminating 11 security men by triggering a land mine blast in Baipariguda on Sunday.
The sender also threatened to paralyse Orissa government`s official website.
Investigations showed that the threatening e-mail of March 27 had its server in Czech Republic, but police was yet to reach the sender, sources said.
IT experts were of the view that the sender of the e-mail might be sitting somewhere in Orissa though the server was located in Czech Republic.
The e-mail allegedly sent by Maoists, threatened to blow the chief minister`s residence and other establishments and also warned the administration that the Red radicals would
undertake attacks in Bhubaneswar, Cuttack and Puri if any anti-Maoist operation was launched.
Since the sender had successfully hidden his Internet Protocol (IP) address, it was difficult for the experts to know from where exactly the e-mail was sent, a senior official
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves